Space for residencies, workshops & classes consists of the following:
9.5m diameter (80m2) geodesic dome with a wooden floor for teaching groups (yoga, meditation, group hypnotherapy etc) and for events.
The dome comfortably takes 15 people in a circular arrangement for workshops. It´s light and airy, with removable sides and window panels, dependent on your requirements. The material of the dome is lightproof so the whole space can be closed for complete darkness if also required. Heating can be provided during the colder months.
COMMUNAL KITCHEN/EATING AREA.
Groups can be catered for in the communal kitchen space in The Eatery, which is fully equipped with a large 5 burner hob and gas oven, fridge/freezer and plenty of prep space. The breakfast & dining area can seat up to 20 people on a long table with views out onto the land.
Nestled amongst the trees it also offers a chill-out space with hammocks and sofas (which has been the scene of a few parties since we created it!)
- There is a large amount of flat meadowland sited next to the river that is available for use by those renting the quinta.
- We have a small but well-equipped workshop (35m2) for woodwork and metalwork, with capable hands onsite to offer assistance.
- We also have access to a sound recording studio locally, where it is possible to book slots by the hour, day or week as needed.
- We can provide a PA system, video projector & furniture for seminars or lectures if needed.
- All of the above can be tailored to suit the specific requirements of each group. Please contact us directly for group booking discount prices.
Our intention is to offer a space that will encourage creative thought & practice across different disciplines & mediums within the arts and therapy worlds. We aim to connect with existing projects currently active in Portugal & throughout the world to exchange ideas & skills.
Practitioners in the arts, music & therapies will have the opportunity to generate ideas & to expand their current work with other colleagues or students in one (or all) of the following ways:
- Via a number of organized events or residencies throughout the year. This could be in collaboration with other arts organizations, schools, universities or community groups. Some of these may be shows/projects/courses already in development.
- To use the Quinta (farm) with friends/colleagues as a place of escape & to explore ideas.
- Through courses available to the public – to be advertised via their/our website, mailing list, blog etc.
We are currently looking for suggestions & proposals from professionals in these fields as to projects that could be realized at Quinta da Lontra.
Please use the contact form to get in touch with us if you have an idea that you think could be suitable and check the links page for further information on current projects & partnerships.